Studley in 1843
Studley is in the Alcester division of Barlichway hundred, nearly 5 miles north of Alcester. There was a priory of Austin canons. transferred hither in the beginning of the reign of Henry II, the yearly revenues of which at the dissolution were £181, 3 shillings, 6 pence gross, or £117, 1 shilling, l pence clear : there are some considerable remains of the conventual buildings. There was also an hospital for the infirm poor at the priory gate. The area of the parish is 5,070 acres ; the population, in 1831, was 1903 ; about one-third agricultural. A considerable manufacture of needles and fishing hooks is carried on in the parish, which gave employment, in 1831, to above 100 men, beside women and children.