Bulkington in 1843
Bulkington is in the Kirby division of Knightlow hundred, about 4 miles south-east of Nuneaton. The parish has an area of 4,600 acres : the population, in 1831, was 1,792 ; nearly half agricultural. The village of Bulkington is on an eminence: the church, which has been enlarged in the last few years, is close to the village on the north side. In 1831, 66 men in the parish were engaged in manufactures, chiefly or wholly in that of ribbons.