Rowley Regis in 1841
Rowley Regis is in the northern division of Seisdon hundred, about three miles south-east of Dudley. The church contains some good ancient work ; and there is a place of worship for Baptists. The area of the parish is 3,670 acres; the population in 1831 was 7,438, of whom 130 men were employed in coal-pits, and above 1,000 men in iron-works and the connected branches of industry : the manufactures are similar to those of Wednesbury. There are two day-schools with small endowments, beside private and Sunday schools.