Bedminster in 1841
Of the places near Bristol, Bedminster (population in 1831, 13,130) is a suburb of Bristol, and the parish is now almost entirely included in the municipal and parliamentary boundaries of that city. There is a church, which has various ancient portions, amid additions and alterations of a later date ; there are also a district church or chapel (St. Paul's) and several dissenting meeting-houses. There are rope-walks and tan-yards, and the place shares in the commerce of Bristol. In the outparts of the parish are numerous coal-works and market-gardens for the supply of Bristol. Bristol gaol is in Bedminster. The living is a vicarage, of the clear yearly value of £362, with a glebe-house, and the vicar presents to the chapel of St. Paul's, the benefice of which is of the clear yearly value of £180, with a glebe-house. Both are in the archdeaconry of Bath, and diocese of Bath and Wells.