Weldon in 1839
Weldon, distinguished as Great Weldon, is in Corby hundred, between Rockingham and Oundle. The parish has an area of 2,350 acres, with a population, in 1831, of 338, half agricultural. Including the hamlet of Little Weldon, the area is 3,680 acres, the population 778. The houses are chiefly built of stone. There are four fairs in the year for general merchandise. The living is a rectory, of the clear yearly value of £209, with a glebe-house. There were, in 1833, two dame-schools, with 36 children ; one day-school, with 30 children ; and a national-school, with 70 children in the week and 96 on Sundays.