Raunds in 1839
Raunds is in the hundred of Higham Ferrers, 4 miles north-east of Higham Ferrers : it had, in 1831, a population of 1,370. The church is large and handsome, with a remarkably fine and lofty tower and spire. The steeple is early English, and is one of the best specimens of that style in the county. The church has some early English piers and arches, some decorated windows, and some of perpendicular character.