Braunston in 1839
Braunston is a populous village in Fawsley hundred, near the union of the Grand Junction and Oxford canals, and about 3 miles north-west of Daventry. The church is large and handsome, with an octagonal crocketed spire 150 feet high. There is also near the upper end of the village a stone cross, surmounted with an entablature decorated with four busts, supposed to represent the four evangelists. Braunston had, in 1831, 1,380 inhabitants.