St. Marylebone and St. Pancras in 1839
The parishes of St. Marylebone (population in 1831, 122,206), St. Pancras (pop. 103,548), and Paddington (14,540), in the Holborn division of Ossulston hundred, constitute the parliamentary borough of Marylebone. They are for the most part united to London. The hamlet of Camden Town and Kentish Town, and part of the village of Highgate, are in St. Pancras parish. Camden Town consists of some streets of good houses ; and Kentish Town of some rows of houses and detached villas. Camden Town is now rapidly increasing, and has greatly improved of late years, especially since the completion of the London and Birmingham Railroad. There is an Episcopal chapel of Camden Town, and one in Kentish Town, beside several dissenting meeting-houses. There is a veterinary college at Camden Town. The Regent’s Canal passes between the two hamlets.