|Binbrook in 1839
Binbrook is in Walshcroft hundred, parts of Lindsey. It lies in the Wolds between Caistor and Louth, out of any great road. It consists of two parishes, St. Gabriel and St. Mary, having a joint area of 6,070 acres, with a population in 1831 of 1,030, more than two-thirds agricultural.
There are extensive rabbit-warrens in the neighbourhood, and considerable business is done in dressing skins for furriers. The living of St. Gabriel is a vicarage, of the clear yearly value £75, exempt from the archdeacons visitation; that of St. Mary is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Lincoln, of the clear yearly value of £291. There were in 1833, in the two parishes, four day-schools with 75 children, and two Sunday-schools with 184 children.