Kegworth in 1839
Kegworth is on the road from Loughborough to Derby, in the hundred of West Goscote. The parish comprehends an area of 1,850 acres, with a population, in 1831, of 1,749, exclusive of the chapelry of Isley Walton. There was a market here, which has been discontinued within the present century. There are some dissenting places of worship. The church is a handsome light building, in the form of a cross. The tower is surmounted by a spire.