Wye in 1836
Wye is in Wye hundred, in the lathe of Scray, about three miles north-east of Ashford under the chalk hills. Here was before the Reformation a college, the buildings of which, forming a quadrangle round an open court, are used for the purposes of two endowed schools. The market has been long discontinued. Population in 1831, 1639.