Goudhurst in 1836
Goudhurst is partly in Marden and partly in Cranbrook hundred, in the lathe of Scray. The church, which is on a commanding eminence, is a spacious fabric with a low massive western tower formerly crowned with a lofty spire. Goudhurst was formerly one of the clothing towns of the Weald, and had a weekly market. Population in 1831, 2,758.