Rochfort Bridge in 1839
Rochfort Bridge, or, as it is sometimes called, Beggar's Bridge, is in Fartullagh barony, and about 47 miles from Dublin, on the road to Athlone.
It contained, in 1831, only 27 houses and 171 inhabitants.
The parish church of Castlecost, in which the place stands, and a national school, are in the town.
The county constabulary have a station here.