Kinnegad in 1839
Kinnegad is in the barony of Farbill, about 11 miles from Mullingar, and 37 from Dublin.
It is in a great thoroughfare, just at the separation of the roads from Dublin to Longford and Athlone, and consists of one principal street.
It has 123 houses, with a population of 670. The church is a neat Gothic building of modern date; there are a Catholic chapel, a school-house, and a market-house.
No market is held, though there is a charter for one, and there is only one yearly fair.
The living is a perpetual curacy detached from the parish of Killucan.