Collinstown in 1839
Collinstown is a little place on the road from Dublin to Granard.
It is at the junction of four roads forming a cross, and has only twenty or thirty houses, chiefly thatched, with a market-house in the centre of the town, and a Roman Catholic chapel near it.
It is in a pleasant district of diversified scenery, near the southern extremity of Lough Lane.
There are a market on Saturday and two yearly fairs. There are petty-sessions held, and a body of the county constabulary posted in the town.
The town is in the parish of St. Feighan of Fowre.