Ratoath in 1839
Ratoath is in the barony of Ratoath, 15 miles from Dublin. It was a parliamentary borough previous to the Union, by which it was disfranchised.
There were in 1831, 96 houses and 552 inhabitants in the town, or 283 houses and 1,779 inhabitants in the whole parish.
There are three yearly fairs, but no market; a trifling manufacture of sacking and of linen is carried on.
It is one of the stations of the county constabulary force.