Dunshaughlin in 1839
Dunshaughlin, in the barony of Ratoath, 17 miles from Dublin, was formerly a corporate town.
It is now a post town or village of 157 houses and 913 inhabitants for the town, or 261 houses and 1,940 inhabitants for the whole parish.
It has a parish church of modern erection, and a Catholic chapel.
The petty sessions are held every fortnight, and the quarter-sessions for the division, twice in the year: it is a station for the county constabulary force.
There is a dispensary in the town, and there ore two public schools.