Crossakeel in 1839
Crossakeel is about 46 miles from Dublin. It is in the parish of Kilskyre, or Kilskeer, and in the barony of Upper Kells.
Petty-sessions are held here once a fortnight and it is a station of the county constabulary force: there are three yearly fairs.
The parish church is in the village, and there is a dispensary.
The population of the village in 1831 was 290; of the whole parish, 4,537.